SMART LIGHTING IDEAS
1. One button press turns on all lighting for a given room or floor, not just one light.
2. Double-tap the same button to turn everything (lighting, electronics, devices, etc.) in the room off.
3. Lights flash in your garage when someone rings the doorbell.
4. When then garage door opens after dark, the outdoor lights leading up to your door and just inside the house automatically turn on.
5. Motion sensors in critical areas can signal the automation system to switch off lights when a room has been vacant for some time.
6. Landscape lighting can turn on automatically at sunset and off again at sunrise.
7. A “Bedtime” scene can set bedside lamps at a level just low enough for comfortable reading.
8. With the touch of an “All Off” button, all of the lights in your entire home turn off.
9. Midnight snack – just enough light to make your way to the refrigerator and back without disturbing family members.
10. Motion sensing – At night, when motion is sensed, ramp lights to 15% (just enough light to see, not to be blinded).
11. Turn off lights automatically each morning when kids leave for school.
12. If the natural light in the room is less than 50%, lights adjust to 50%. If natural light is less than 40%, lights increase to 60%, and so on. This helps for when the shades are drawn, or on a cloudy day in the middle of summer.
13. Landscape lighting – have the lights come on brighter at sunset, and then dim to 20% at 11pm to conserve energy.
Automated Smart Security Ideas
1. Automate your bedroom touch screen to see who’s at the door when the bell rings from your front door or gate intercom.
2. When the doorbell is pressed, “Who is outside my house” plays through small outside speakers, the security camera rotates to the front door, the TV or movie is paused, and if it’s night time, the outside patio light turns on from 20% to 75%.
3. Watching TV when someone rings the doorbell? Have an image from the surveillance camera appear on any TV that happens to be on, pausing the TV show or movie for 15 seconds.
4. Built-in alerts which will notify you if the front door is left open for longer than five minutes or if the front gate is ajar for longer than ten.
5. Access security video feed remotely from your smartphone, from anywhere in the world.
6. Receive a text when your security cameras detect motion inside or outside of your properties. here is link